Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother Teresa In Her Own Words.



Her real name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. She was born August 26, 1910 in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia. She devoted her life to helping the poor, sick and orphaned in India.



She lived her words, "Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."



She lived her religion, "At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."




Upon receiving a Nobel Prize in 1979 she said "I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone."



MT realized that sometimes the problem seems so devastatingly large that we quit before we try. She reminded us, "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."



6 comments:

  1. HA! Yer so very welcome Mrs. Batgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture you painted for us of her beautiful life. I am inspired, and a little convicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too Rebecca. Thank you so much for saying so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Thanks for sharing!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for honoring the memory of such a great woman!

      Delete